Tuesday, August 6, 2013

THROWWWWWBACK!

In my never ending journey of self love and discovery I find myself missing home. When I say "home" I'm not referring to a place I lived, but the music and people I loved.

Marina.


 
 
 
I met and became instant friends with Marina when we were 11 years old at vacation bible camp. She is one of the only people I can actually say shaped me into who I am. We never went to the same school but could not be kept apart we always had weekend sleepovers and sometimes I'd even stay the whole weekend and it was nonstop laughter. I even remember Spending holidays together thanksgiving and Christmas were shared; her family always embraced me as their own and I always felt like one of them. She is the sister I never had and even though we were the same age I always felt I was learning from her like a big sister. Staying up all night making hilarious videos and watching Lord Of the Rings and love scenes from movies was a funny pastime but we didn't care we had the best time! Years flew by and we became teenage girls with boyfriends and dramas. Slowly we grew apart. I missed our friendship but life had thrown us up in the air, left us in free fall for so long until we finally hit the ground and landed on opposite ends of the universe it seemed. It had been 3 years since we hung out and my god it was overdue.
 
   We weren't even half done catching up but we only had so much time. It was nothing short of another silly and fun girls night just like before and it made my heart warm and even a little bit fuller. I can't wait to explore this new Grown up friendship with her because she was a missing piece and I feel like I got it back! In light of this reminiscing feeling I'm going back to my roots with my music also. I'm all about Mae and the Destination Beautiful album, Brand New deja entendu, and Death Cab For Cutie Transatlanticism too. It takes me back and it makes me feel 13 again and I love it, nothing else makes me feel more like myself or more sane.
 
 
I'm taking care of my grandma during the day its been a week since she had her knee replacement surgery. Its really great to be able to help and I really enjoy being there for my family. I know everyone says family will be there for each other and blood is thicker than water but its nice to actually prove it.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment