Tuesday, July 30, 2013

pretty groovy.

So after some much needed soul searching I decided to go with my original idea and major in education.

I am a person who strongly believes in god and that each and every little thing that happens in our life all contributes to the big picture. I do believe in signs. I'll tell you what I mean.

a few weeks ago Valentin and I were leaving the grocery store and as always I can't keep my hands off my little man I'm constantly hugging and kissing him and tickling him because I adore him and can't help myself. I'm giving him a big kiss as I'm about to put him in his carseat  and this older man sees me and he stops and says "You better kiss him as much as you can because they grow up so fast and you'll remember them this little and wonder where the time went!" I stopped and I said your right that's exactly why I'm staying home with him full time. He said "That's why I'm glad I was a teacher because when they were off so was I and I'm grateful for that time we had". This resonated with me and straight out of high school I always said I wanted to teach. My mom is a teacher one of my best friends teaches 1st grade, and the most influential person I ever met was a teacher of mine as well.

I believe it was a sign that the older man spoke to me because ultimately it was what he told me that helped me make my decision. I love my son and being off of school at the same time would be great. I want to make the most of these short years that I have with him.


My first 2 classes will be a remedial math class and English. The funny thing is Chris and I are possibly going to be in the same English class. He has to retake it and get an A to get into his Program in 2014 which is only months away! Being in the same class with him seems so strange since we've never really been in school at the same time ever. So when he told me he had to retake that class we both couldn't help but smile allot even after we tried to hide it! We've never seen each other in that kind of setting so its very new and exciting and...kinda hot!







No comments:

Post a Comment