Monday, February 18, 2013

I keep waking up around 3

This comes and goes but lately its been consistent. I lay in bed until Chris wakes up at 5 or 6 I make his breakfast and coffee so he can take it to school, bub is usually asleep through all this which makes it allot easier. I keep having these nightmares maybe i watch too many movies....


I watched Melancholia the day before that Asteroid was going to fly by, I swear i hadn't heard about it until after i watched the movie otherwise i would have steered clear! I know I've mentioned that i'm anxious and paranoid at best when it comes to doomsday stuff and end of the world theories. I can get a little carried away. I remind myself that God is with us always and we need only have faith and i get over it but the first thoughts are the heaviest. It was visually stunning. It was similar in the way it was filmed to Antichrist plus Charlotte Gainsbourg was one of the leads in that movie also, both are directed by Lars von Trier he's releasing yet another film with Charlotte Gainsboug as the main character called Nymphomaniac. That devastatingly handsome blonde Vampire from True blood was in Melancholia and will also be in his next film.

Life at home lately has been lovely. I've fully enjoyed staying at home with our son for the past year almost, I'm planning for morning classes in the fall i still don't feel great about leaving Valentin at daycare but the college offers childcare which i feel better about because at least we'll be close to each other and only apart for a couple of hours a day. I don't really want to go back to doing cosmetology again, i'm ready to study for something bigger. We are celebrating Valentins first birthday next month with tickets to Yo Gabba Gabba live! I can't wait to see the look on his little face to see his favorite characters in person. His teeth are all starting to come in at the same time it seems i guess its because he sprouted his first tooth just 2 months ago so they are all in a hurry to come in. I'm keeping the baby tylenol on hand even though he's hardly been fussy at all. I'll be starting to wean him off the breast late next month I know it is going to be difficult but the way i see it we really haven't even scraped the surface on the difficult things, this little boy has only been here a year lets give it another few and i'll be wishing things were as easy as they are now.

Wednesday last week i took advantage of an amazing deal on Fortyeight its a sister site to Solestruck my all time favorite shoe store. I've mentioned them before you really can't beat their prices and they always have the Jeffrey Campbells i'm pining for! Basically fortyeight has an event for shoes up to 80% off but only for 48 hours. This past wedenesday was their first event i believe and they featured Jeffrey Campbell, Doc Martens, Cheap  Monday and Miista. So basically its first come first serve and once they are sold thats it. I was able to get these JCs at 40% off :)

All i have are heels and wedges from jc but no flats or sandals, this is an excellent point Chris made and pretty much talked me into taking them. I'm 5'0 and curvy which isn't the best combination so i'm always trying to look a little taller and longer.

My dear Grandfather, the original Valentin celebrated his birthday on Valentines day and we had a party for him on saturday at my aunts house. It was unequivocal bliss, they served "Cabrito" which is baby goat in spanish and its exactly what he wanted he was so happy the whole time and it lit my heart up. There was a young man there playing guitar and singing all the spanish favorites and each time we would clap and sometimes sing along. My little Valentin was getting an allergic reaction to something and kept rubbing his eye and it was getting red and swollen i didn't have his zyrtec with me so we had to go home but before we did i gave my grandfather his gift. There were 3 hand painted tins in the shape of a pineapple, a swordfish, and  a boat each to remind him of  Mazatlan Mexico his favorite place to visit, mine also. Our family used to vacation there reguarly but ever since My Grandfather was diagnosed with cancer at the end of 2010 there has been little to no vacations. I'm hoping God will allow us all to take a trip there together soon I want my son to see the ocean and i want to be there with my whole family and especially my grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment